We apologize for the inconvenience our suspension of admissions for Fall 2021 has caused our prospective students and thank you for your patience and understanding. We still anticipate accepting applications in Fall 2021 and recruiting a fantastic new group of graduate students to begin Fall 2022. We encourage you to check back in Summer 2021 for more details.
Detailed information on Application
Send the following materials directly to The Graduate School:
- Application Fee (application fees are paid online via credit card only)
Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores are not required for admission for Fall 2022 ONLY. You may submit GRE scores (our ETS institution code is 1565), but due to the restrictions caused by the on-going COVID 19 pandemic, not submitting GRE scores will not be counted against you.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language score (TOEFL) (required of all international students).
Minimumscore is 100 on the internet basedtest (iBT). Official scores must be taken no more than two (2) years before the intended quarter of entry and must come directly from the Educational Testing Service (ETS). While TOEFL is the preferred test, we do accept IELTS scores and require a minimum overall score of 7.0. Official IELTS scores must be no more than two (2) years before the intended quarter of entry and must come from IELTS directly.
- We strongly recommend that you include a copy of your unofficial score report with your online application. Applications are not marked complete until an official score has arrived from ETS/IELTS to the Graduate School.
- All material must be received by the December 15th deadline to avoid delays with your application
- Statement of Purpose
- A copy of official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions
- The exception is if the class, and its grade, appear on another school’s transcript that is already being uploaded to your application.
- This includes partial post-secondary education, where a degree was not completed.
- Do not send official transcripts to the Sociology Department, a copy of your transcript is sufficient for review purposes.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation
- Maximum of three (3) letters of recommendation
- Letters must be received by December 15th deadline
- One (1) Writing sample: social scientific papers are preferred, but not required
- Maximum of 30 pages
Applicantmust be sole-author of writing sample.
- Diversity Statement (for U.S. Citizens only)
- Cluster Statement
- Upload statement under Cluster Statement
- Quantitative Fellowship Statement*
- Upload as supplemental document 1
- Must include
"QuantitativeFellowship Statement" at the top of the page.
- Data Science Fellowship Statement*
- Upload as supplemental document 2
- Must include "Data Science Fellowship Statement" at the top of the page.
Note on supplemental documents: NO supplemental documents other than the Quantitative Fellowship and Data Science Fellowship statements will be accepted. All other supplemental documents will be removed from applications prior to review.Back to top